The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes law on May 25th, 2018.
How & Why is this important?
The GDPR was created to regulate how businesses use data, ensuring it’s the same across the entire EU. Although it will apply to smaller businesses as well as large corporations, recent high-profile scandals have demonstrated how big organisation’s will have to comply to a single set of rules.
The main implications of contravention of the GDPR for businesses, could be financial penalties.
Does this affect you?
Any business that processes an EU Data Subject’s data, whether you are in the EU or outside of it, will be subject to the regulation and will have to abide by the rules it lays out for processing data.
Leadsymmetry ITES is concerned with the purposes of processing data and making it available to business customers for direct marketing and this is classified as ‘Legitimate Interest’.
Leadsymmetry ITES relies on the legitimate interest precedent as an appropriate legal basis under the applicable Data Protection Laws to provide Business Data to its customers.
Customers may use the business data for the sending of B2B direct marketing communications if they do so in line with the relevant laws. The initiator may conduct such marketing activity under an opt-out / unsubscribe basis, where employees of a public or corporate entity are contacted for the purposes of direct marketing.
Our data is GDPR-ready:
- Our aim is to enable businesses to effectively market directly to each other using accurate business data, ensuring communications reach relevant individuals in business who would have a legitimate interest to receive such direct marketing
- Business data is only processed from verifiable sources of information
- We continuously update our business data
- We ensure all data is secure and have in place Data Incident/Breach Policy and Procedures
- We make it easy for individuals to be in control of their personal data and to instruct Leadsymmetry ITES accordingly with regards to the processing, amending and deletion of their Personal data. We use email, name & job title.